In Italy, guidelines to develop policies for health promoting schools have been adopted in agreement with Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, Universities and Research and all Italian Regions. Regions are requested to develop a collaboration between Educational and Health sectors to include health promotion in schools curriculums, sustain a whole school approach good practices and evidence-based policies.
For more information, read here.
Structured Health Promoting School exists in some regions and regional networks are SHE members.
Health Promoting School Network in Lombardy Region is based on an institutional agreement between Regional Education Office and Regional Government – DG Welfare aimed to develop HPS approach (Health Promoting Schools approach) and intersectoral planning. The Lombardian model is based on SHE pillars and components, reinforce schools’ responsibilities for health promotion, promotes a whole school approach and sustains good practices and evidence-based policies.
- Name:Veronica Velasco
- Position:Regional coordinator
- Organisation:Health Promotion and NCDs Prevention Division, DG Welfare, Lombardy Region
- Address:Piazza Città di Lombardia, 1 - 20124 Milano
- Tel:(+39) 02 85788091
- Name:Liliana Coppola
- Position:Head of Health Promotion Division, DG Welfare Lombardy Region
- Organisation:Lombardy Region – DG Welfare
- Address:Regione Lombardia – Struttura Promozione della Salute e Screening Piazza Città di Lombardia, 1 - 20124 Milano
- Tel:Liliana Coppola: (+39) 02 67652065