Call for papers for special issue: "Leadership in school health promotion"
The Journal: Health Education calls for papers for a special issue on „Leadership in school health promotion“. The submission deadline is 15 May 2020.
Guest Editors are Kevin Dadaczynski (Fulda University of Applied Sciences/Germany), Monica Carlsson (Aarhus University/Denmark) and Qing Gu (UCL Institute of Education/UK). They welcome contributions that show current research on top-down and bottom-up leadership styles and its determinants and effects on different aspects on school health promotion (e.g. implementation, individual health). Specifically, they call for papers on:
- leadership knowledge, skills and practices
- top-down (e.g. school principals) as well as bottom-up leadership (e.g. teachers, support staff)
- determinants and effects of leadership on different aspects of school health promotion
- individual aspects (e.g. motives, attitudes, health situation) and working conditions of leaders
- theoretical aspects of leadership (e.g. terminology, theory and models) in relation to school health promotion
- methodological aspects (e.g. instruments, tools, checklists)
- empirical experiences related to the changing roles of school leaders
A broad range of papers are welcommed, including empirical work using quantitative, qualitative, or mixed-method research methods as well as theoretical work or reviews and meta-analyses or case studies. Authors are asked to submit their full papers for peer review to Health Education via its online platform by 15 May.