Supporting Practices for Inclusive Schooling and Education of the Youth
The aim of SPISEY is to support school managers in their strategic work to create inclusion in schools and other educational institutions, as well as an inclusive education.
The SPISEY project has created a strategic management tool called “The European Inclusion Compass”, which consists of 6 components;
- A background paper, giving an overall introduction to social inclusion and the Inclusion compass, explaining the different theoretical and conceptual approaches behind the compass
- A management paper, which gives an introduction to the compass seen from a school management perspective
- A facilitation toolbox, gathering more than 40 different facilitation tools that can be used to work with the Inclusion Compass in schools.
- Training material, which is presented as a powerpoint presentation.
- A set of recommendations and good practice cases, that can be used as inspiration
- The European Inclusion Compass Platform that you can access on www.spisey-project.eu, where all mentioned material is accessible and downloadable for free.
As creating an inclusive school is an integrated part of the Health Promoting School Approach, the European Inclusion Compass is an ideal tool to apply when you want to create a health promoting school. The tool has been developed to raise awareness and put social inclusion in school high on the political and local school agenda, but the tool can also be used to discuss other themes and dilemmas in school, such as the understanding of health and health promotion, active participant of youth and further on, how you plan and implement concrete activities to create a health promoting school and / or an inclusive school.
We invite you to explore the European Inclusion Compass, which is available in English, French, Danish, Finish and Spanish / Catalan on www.spisey-project.eu